Fuel Assistance

Help paying to heat your home.

Cities/towns served:  Malden, Medford, Everett, Melrose, Stoneham, Winchester, Woburn

Phone: 781-322-6284

Tri-CAP Fuel Assistance pays a portion of the cost of heating your home.  If your heat is included in your rent and you do not have a housing subsidy, Fuel Assistance can pay a portion of your rent. 

To be eligible, you must have income at or below the annual income limits for your family size, as shown below.  If you are close to the income limit, you should call and see if you might qualify.

In 2013, 6,000 households received Fuel Assistance from Tri-CAP.  The program operates from November 1 to April 30 each year.Fuel Assistance can help lower your energy costs, especially when you also sign up for utility discounts and take advantage of Tri-CAP Weatherization Services to make your home more energy efficient.  Tri-CAP can sign you up for discounts from your gas and electric company and your telephone service.