Save $$$ / Stay Comfortable! Everybody needs to stay warm in the winter. Tri-CAP’s Energy Services Division helps low-income people in Malden, Medford, Everett, Cambridge, Somerville, Melrose, Stoneham, Winchester, and Woburn heat their homes safely and economically.
- Fuel Assistance is Tri-CAP’s largest program, helping pay winter heating bills for 6000 low income households each year.
- Tri-CAP enrolls all Fuel Assistance households in low income discount programs offered by electric, gas, and phone utilities.
- Home Weatherization makes energy efficiency improvements to over 300 homes each year.
- Heating Systems Repair and Replacement - Tri-CAP replaces dangerous, inoperable, and inefficient heating systems. We also repair, clean, tune, and evaluate heating units.
- Tri-CAP saves electricity and money for 500 households a year with free electric audits, energy efficient bulbs, and replacement refrigerators.