- The day after the earthquake in Haiti bring travel and health problems, Direct Relief provides more than $ 8.6 million in medical aid.
- The pandemic hit people experience roaming particularly hard. Direct Relief supports organizations working to meet their health needs.
- A Grant of $ 150,000 from Direct Relief and BD reinforces a very great success diabetes program in California.
- In two THE neighborhoods, promoters play a major role in bringing people vaccinated and connected to health services.
The situation: The earthquake who shook Haiti August 14 caused a myriad of health problems, from premature labor to scabies and other infections.
The answer: Direct Relief has provided more than $ 8.6 million in medical aid to medical institutions and foundations operating in the country, including the Pan American Health Organization. Aid has included more than $ 7.3 million in pharmaceuticals and more than 5 million defined daily doses of drugs.
The impact: Medical aid supports first responders Work in IDP camps, maternal health care providers, and more.
The situation: Of lack of access to telehealth To increased stress on mental health, the pandemic is affecting the health of people experiencing homelessness.
The answer: Direct Relief provides Support To field organizations such as Camillus Health Concern and Community-University Health Care Center which focus on providing health care to the homeless.
The impact: These organizations work to care for patients, help them find housing and provide them with social services.
The situation: Northeast Valley Health Corporation helps patients with chronic illnesses lifestyle changes and overcoming barriers to their health.
The answer: A Price of $ 150,000 from Direct Relief and BD, one of six offered this year as part of the Helping Build Healthy Communities initiative, supports this high impact program.
The impact: The grant will help the health center to provide monthly visits and hire a bilingual employee that helps patients receive holistic care.
The situation: In Boyle Heights and Pico-Union from LA, some hesitate to see a doctor or get vaccinated. Promoters – specially trained community health workers – employed by Clínica Romero are working to change this.
The answer: Direct Relief provided Clínica Romero with ongoing medical assistance and a $ 50,000 grant during the Covid-19 pandemic to support their operations.
The impact: The support helped the health center to continue its essential work with a predominantly Latino population.
- Over the past two weeks, Direct Relief has made 766 shipments To 489 partners in 46 states and territories, totaling $ 4.2 million in value and more than 11,000 pounds.
Around the world
- Over the past two weeks, Direct Relief has made 63 expeditions To 32 partners in 22 countries, totaling $ 75.6 million in value and more than 107,000 pounds.
- During the same period, $ 250,000 was awarded.