JACKSON, Miss.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–September 29, 2022–
BankPlus and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) have awarded $38,315 through the Partnership Grant Program (PGP) to five Mississippi nonprofit organizations. They celebrated the awards at a check presentation ceremony in Jackson this week.
This press release is multimedia. See the full version here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220929005960/en/
BankPlus and FHLB Dallas awarded $38,315 in Partnership Grant Program funds to five Mississippi nonprofits this week. Representatives from banks are pictured here with one of the grant recipients, the Center for Social Entrepreneurship. (Photo: BusinessWire)
Through this unique program, member institutions of FHLB Dallas contribute $500 to $4,000 to a community-based organization (CBO), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which FHLB Dallas equals at a ratio of 3:1 to provide the CBO with up to a $12,000 match per member. PGP grants are awarded annually by member institutions of FHLB Dallas. The awards help promote and strengthen relationships between CBOs and FHLB Dallas members.
“These funds will provide a safety net to deal with administrative and operational expenses that many grants often exclude from coverage,” said Mark Ouellette, Senior Vice President and Director of Affordable Housing at BankPlus. “We are thrilled to partner with FHLB Dallas to distribute this funding.”
PGP grants help qualified nonprofit organizations fund a variety of operational and administrative activities that are essential to serving their communities.
The following organizations received funding:
- Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Jackson, Mississippi, $16,000, improves quality of life through economic development, community engagement, education, health and affordable housing programs
- Housing Education and Economic Development (HEED), Jackson, Mississippi $4,380, provides advisory assistance in the areas of foreclosure prevention, predatory lending, landlord/tenant, reverse mortgages, etc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Lauderdale County, Meridian, Mississippi, $8,000, provides affordable, energy-efficient homes and performs essential home repairs for low-income families in Lauderdale, Clarke, Newton, Kemper and Neshoba counties
- Mississippi Housing Partnership, Jackson, Mississippi, $5,935, aims to revitalize and stabilize the homes and neighborhoods of low to moderate income families, primarily in the greater Jackson area
- Mississippi Wounded Warriors, Brandon, Mississippi, $4,000, helps veterans find accommodation when they return from deployment
In 2022, FHLB Dallas and its members provided nearly $559,000 to 38 community organizations in its five-state district of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas.
“BankPlus is strongly committed to community outreach, and these grants demonstrate its support for area nonprofits,” said Greg Hettrick, senior vice president and director of community investment at FHLB Dallas. “We are grateful for our long-term relationship with BankPlus.”
Founded in 1909, BankPlus is one of the Southeast’s leading regional banks serving consumers and businesses with the latest technology through a full range of financial services including retail banking, commercial banking, lending mortgages and wealth management. With over $6.6 billion in total assets, BankPlus operates more than 90 financial centers in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Florida. For more information on BankPlus, visit www.bankplus.net.
About Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas is one of 11 district banks in the FHLBank system established by Congress in 1932. FHLB Dallas, with total assets of $77.7 billion as of June 30, 2022, serves approximately 800 members and associated institutions in our five-state district of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas. FHLB Dallas offers financial products and services, including advances (loans to members) and grant programs for affordable housing and economic development. For more information visit our website at fhlb.com.
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220929005960/en/
CONTACT: Corporate Communications
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA MISSISSIPPI TEXAS
KEYWORD INDUSTRY: FINANCE CONSUMER VETERAN BANKING RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE OTHER PHILANTHROPY PHILANTHROPY DEFENSE FUNDRAISING OTHER CONSUMERS FOUNDATION SOCIAL SERVICES
SOURCE: Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 09/29/2022 18:16 / DISK: 09/29/2022 18:17
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.