Twin title of the Global Government Forum Global Government Fintech announced the launch of the Global Government FinTech Lab – an in-person event to bring together senior government officials exploring the opportunities created by fintech.
As government interest and investment in fintech solutions accelerates, public authorities increasingly seek to defend their fintech industries and encourage fintech solutions.
The lab, which is run in partnership with the Estonian government, brings together people responsible for exploring and implementing fintech solutions.
The event, to be held in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, will focus on some of the most pressing challenges and opportunities for those working in central government and government agencies.
The one-day event is free for all public servants.
Bringing fintech explorers together
The lab agenda will include keynotes and panels addressing issues such as:
- Where are the big opportunities for fintech solutions to help governments and public authorities?
- How can Ministries/Public Authorities “organize themselves” to fully understand and invest in fintech solutions?
- How can fintech solutions help governments fight fraud, error and debt, as well as payments to/from government?
- How could central bank digital currencies help deliver a public good?
- How can governments best stimulate private sector fintech growth?
“Estonia is rightly known as a pioneer in digital public services, so there couldn’t be a better host country for this inaugural event,” said Global government fintech editor Ian Hall.
“We look forward to bringing together those who explore the opportunities and challenges that fintech creates for public authorities to discuss the approaches taken by different governments and authorities.”
The Lab takes place at the Hilton Tallinn Park Hotel. Further information can be found on the World Government Fintech Lab Web page.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the event, please contact our coordinator, Anne Simonsen, by email: [email protected] or by telephone on +44 20 4558 8961. If you would like to discuss business opportunities, please contact George O’Grady [email protected]