Sector: WASH and CP
Duration: 4 months
Deadline: Monday August 29, 2022, before 12 p.m.
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a national not-for-profit non-governmental organization whose mandate is to improve the lives of vulnerable children and women across nations. Following the challenges children face to have adequate support from social services and institutions to access basic amenities for their growth and development across nations. GPON is responsible for providing complementary support to vulnerable children across nations to achieve personal growth and development. GOALPrime Organization Nigeria is currently operating in North East Nigeria and FTC where we have reached over 2,000,000 lives (directly and indirectly) with integrated services, we are supporting internally displaced people with emergency relief materials. services, child protection services, WASH services, GBV mitigation services, livelihoods skills building, health services, peacebuilding and education support services. GPON works in both emergency and development contexts.
The purpose of the MEAL Association position is to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track program/project activities, track progress and support impact measurement. He/she will also conduct development research, engage in reflective practice, draw lessons from projects/programmes and prepare MEAL plans for the CP and WASH sector. He/she is responsible for establishing and ensuring better field data management systems for the base program to which he/she is assigned and coordinates appropriate and timely assessment of project objectives/impact . S/he will contribute to existing client response mechanisms and ensure program staff participation in MEAL activities. The incumbent will work closely with the Area Manager(s), front line staff and community volunteers. He/she will also work closely with the MEAL unit on technical issues and will report to the MEAL Manager
Program/project design and learning (20% of time)
- Participate in programme/project design, particularly in the development of project logframes and also contribute to learning from previous projects
- Responsible for the development and continuous updating of the NHF Integrated MEAL Project (WASH & CP), and impact measurement tools and systems in a timely manner.
- Support to develop and ensure that all WASH sector projects have tested monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicator progress;
- Participate in diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Responsible for organizing periodic events for ongoing data review, reflective practice, evaluation and progress monitoring;
- With the support of MEAL team members, establish and maintain a project-level information management system;
- Contribute to the design of a strategy to collect information from the field required by IRC, donors and/or stakeholders;
- Responsible for proactively ensuring networking and sharing of WASH core program lessons with strategic partners and other stakeholders, including government;
- Responsible for coordinating synergy and cross-learning between different projects;
- Responsible for cross-fertilizing learning across projects by regularly producing (compiling) summary monitoring reports and sharing them with health staff and partners.
Monitoring and evaluation (50% of the time)
- Responsible for monitoring project progress against monitoring work plans;
- Responsible for ensuring timely execution of key WASH project monitoring and evaluation events, including but not limited to baseline survey, mid-term review, evaluation data quality audit and field supervision;
- Responsible for providing technical support to staff and partner organization on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping;
- Responsible for updating the project’s MEAL plan in a timely manner and providing feedback to program staff on the status and quality of implementation.
- Responsible for monthly and/or quarterly analysis of project performance indicators, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to ongoing performance;
- Responsible for conducting regular project data verification exercises to ensure quality data reporting and collection;
- Responsible for verifying the completeness, accuracy and consistency of data captured by the project and following up on any data quality issues;
- Responsible for documenting the results of project data quality audits and storing them in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Actively participate in and contribute to MEAL team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall MEAL practices at GPON;
- Responsible for recruitment of enumerators and support in other surveys, including engagement of consultants;
- Contribute to providing MEAL inputs for writing health reports during project implementation;
Information management and reporting (10% of time)
- Support for the establishment and maintenance of the project information management system;
- Responsible for submitting a set of project data to update the country office-wide program database on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for compiling the regular project monitoring report, including lessons learned, prepared by different projects and applying evaluation recommendations;
- Support to ensure all projects have client downward/forward responsiveness mechanisms and work with project staff to ensure implementation;
- Responsible for compiling monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual tabular and narrative reports (as required by project stakeholders) on project achievements by cost and alerting management to particular deviations from plan:
Capacity building and supervision (10% of time)
- Responsible for orienting staff and volunteers on monitoring tools and training them in the use of data for decision-making;
- Accountable to his/her subordinate(s) in the execution of performance management activities, including: performance planning, monitoring and annual performance reviews;
Perform other duties assigned by supervisor (10% of time)
- Perform other job-related tasks suggested by his supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
The position reports to: MEAL Officer
Indirect report: MEAL Coordinator, WASH Coordinator
- Degree in statistics, computer science/information management/or any other related field;
- Excellent computer skills are required (especially Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox);
- At least three years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation preferred;
- Strong data collection, analysis and report writing skills required;
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative to solve problems;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues;
- Familiarity with logical framework analysis and MEAL plan;
- Experience in conducting assessments;
- Must be willing to travel to other LGAs for work
- WASH experience and working with highly vulnerable and displaced people would be an added advantage;
- Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English;
- Most importantly, commitment to the values and principles of GPON;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups from diverse backgrounds.
We strongly encourage female candidates.