Northamptonshire Children’s Trust
Host team (after approval)
Qualified senior social worker
Salary £ 38,504 to £ 40,419
Recruitment bonus £ 3,000
Full time 37 hours
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and creative Senior Social Worker to join our hospitality team. This is the post-approval team where foster families approved by the placement panel receive support and supervision.
In this exciting role, you will support host families and their families. You will be part of a busy and supportive county-wide team with a learning culture that is committed to providing effective support to our children in care.
You will carry complex cases within the team and offer support and mentorship to other social workers and represent the team at practice forums within the Trust.
You will need to be confident in:
- Undertake succinct, timely and in-depth assessments in complex situations, using safety signs frameworks and other standardized measures and approaches.
- Play a leading role in the project work to improve and develop the reception service.
- Be part of the rotation of the Fostering Duty team. Fostering Duty works alongside PMS (Placement Management Service) to process placement requests for children and young people in need of foster care.
- Have knowledge and experience of therapeutic parenting, attachment theory and its application in working with families and children.
- Work closely with other professionals and inform / coordinate the work done by colleagues in education, health, protection and other agency teams.
- Coach and support colleagues within the team.
You will have to invest in the life of the team and develop working relationships based on collaborative and supportive working methods, respecting the strengths of others, celebrating differences and seeking solutions.
What we offer
- Qualification of practicing educator
- 27 vacation days, plus 8 public holidays, 5 additional days after 5 years of seniority
- Possibility to buy back up to 5 additional weeks of vacation each year
- Subsidized pension plan
- Free parking
- Initiation program
- Mandatory training on safety signs
- 12 additional weeks of maternity leave at 50%
- Employee discount program
- Personal car rental program through wage sacrifice
Improved DBS, social work qualification and UK driving license required.
For an informal discussion on the job, please contact Team Leader Abi Gibbs on 07718 393779 or [email protected]
Applications close on the 14th at noone July 2021.